CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Beautiful Oregon

So two weeks ago we visited the beautiful coast of Oregon. Its was a special trip to me, because I grew up in Salem, OR and haven't been to Oregon or the coast since I was a young girl. I have really fond memories of my parents taking me to the coast, eating taffy and watching sunsets. (K, that sounds kinda sappy...but its true!) The main reason we went to Oregon was for Ryan to run the Hood to Coast race with his Dad and their team! The Hood to Coast is a long established team relay race that begins at Mt. Hood and ends in Seaside, OR. The runners take three legs each and run straight through the night. The Sin City Saints did an awesome job and Ryan had a blast! It was wonderful to see beautiful beaches and hang out with Ryan's parents. There are alot of pics on this posts because we saw so many things!!!

Seaside, OR
Seaside

Juliet running wild on the coast
Ryan's team coming in for the finish!



The Sin City Saints (They are all from Vegas and LDS...)
Ryan at the end! He wasn't even that tired!

On Sunday after church, we drove up north to Astoria. Astoria is is cute port town with alot of charm and.....the house where GOONIES was filmed is there! Of course we had to go visit. I myself am not a huge fan of GOONIES, but Ryan and his family practically worship it. So when his mom knew we were only 20 mins away from the Goonies house we had to go see it. But since I really didn't care for it, I didn't even take a pic of the famous house...But Astoria is a beautiful town and did not disappoint. We went down to the port where there were hundreds of loud sea lions laying around, and Juliet got a kick out of them!



Astoria has this awesome tower that you can walk up in and have amazing views from the top. Very beautiful!
This is from the top looking at the Columbia River

This is at the top looking at the Ocean


Us at the top
Always smiling for the camera!
My Babes

Cape Disappointment (thats really the name!, but it was not disappointing at all!)
Lighthouse at Cape Disappointment

Monday, at Cannon Beach. Behind us is Haystack Rock. This pic is not that great. It was really sunny!

After leaving the beaches behind, we drove into Portland and went to the Oregon Zoo! I also remember coming here when I was a kid, so I was excited to take Juliet and Claire there. They had this amazing anamatronic dinosaour exhibit that was way awesome! Juliet loved it, but Claire held on to Ryan for dear life! I wanted to watch Jurrassic Park after.

The lions, she saw real ones too! It seemed that alot of the big exciting animals were taking naps and had their backs and bums turned toward us. Oh well...

I think the best part of the day was the fun train ride we took around the zoo! We saw more on the train then we did walking around and the girls loved it of course!




After the zoo we walked through the International Rose garden which is right next to the zoo and walked through hundreds of varities of roses. Simply breathtaking!

We had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to go back. Next time I want to go the Salem and show Ryan where I grew up and went to school and visit the beaches I went to as a kid.

1 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Way to go Ryan! Glad to see you are still running. Seems like it was a fun race.